Monday 18 August 2008

one long long journey


hey there, for those who don't know, I'm safe and sound in the states right now. so where do i start now..ah, the day i left, at the airport.

The airport

I cried! zomgwtf!!! i myself for once can't believe this. i admit I'm not really a very emotional person, but i really cant believe i cried the day my friends and family(f&f) sent me off at the airport. But i can explain!! really! I was all well, holding back my tears when the time had finally come for us to enter the gates and part with our f&f's.
Then.. i saw the dumb ass jon yee crying! that was when my tears was finally irrepressible and started rolling down my eyes.


well it was still okay i guess, for letting a few tears roll down your eyes on the day you leave your loved ones and be apart from them for thousands of miles. But then i saw my other friend, jin crying too! oh gosh, jin was the oldest among all my friends, and obviously the most matured. even him started crying! and there i knew how much I'll miss them all in msia and that was when eu-roy turned from man to baby. haha


just a moment later, all our smiley faces turned sour.

Ames, Iowa


tired of waiting in the airport already.

After a 27hour long journey, I finally reached Des Moines airport in Iowa! to start with how weird the Americans were, they pronunciated Des Moines as De Moine. Please explain to me why they silenced the 'S'. if it were so, then why not Mississippi to just Miiippi? weird!
Lady luck shone upon me that day. i friggin left my knapsack bag in the airport and went on the car headed towards Ames! all my passports, and other important documents were all in it. i didn't really panick, was just depressed. But then i started to pray. It took the driver almost 2 hours to bring me back to the airport because he had other stuff to do..and waala! my bag was left untouched. thank god! (probably because Des Moines airport was so rural that not many people were even there, or on the other hand, people in Iowa is simply friendly! )


finally! des moines!

''Cultural Shock''

peeople often wonder why are most of the Americans obese. and i finally found out when i arrived here. Its not really the fastfood, i would say. But generally the food in which they take! I've been here for a few days, and alr worrying that i would turn fat. All i see in which what the Americans eat is burgers / sandwiches. Don't you for a second think sandwiches are healthy, because what they add into the sandwiches are cheese/mayo/mustard/ etc. To top it all up, every other restaurant here serves you bottomless soft drinks. you have pepsi, sprite, mountain dew, dr pepper (- -?), etcetc, and of course, coke. Well if drinking at the restaurants aint enough, theres always Walmart where you can get 18 500ml bottles of DIET COKE for just 10 dollars. Diet coke, my ass! But you can't really blame them, because the weather here is really dry and when u cant find water, theres soft drinks everywhere.



Random



Frederiksen court 72. the place i live in.


random places in campus



losing in volleyball to the locals. girls somemore! (school team okay)

No comments: