Monday 11 August 2008

Goodbye

The road was filled with green traffic lights. Even the red lights were shorter than usual. Our journey was cut short.
Time seemed to fly pass faster than usual these few days. I dare to say it was just like yesterday where i graduated. And today, it's already the day i board the plane to Iowa.


This is where a new chapter in my life begins to unfold. The road ahead seems blurry, but i'm pretty determined i'd be able to clarify things.

Still so many things seem undone, many people i cannot let go of. For 18 years, Malaysia has provided me with shelter and education(though not very brilliant ones). For that, i thank her. (Though the status and condition of our country, has never really moved forward)

Before i write off, let me thank the 2 people that have always showered me with undivided love all these years. My parents.


Mum, i love you. Though i never say, i truly do.
You've always thought me the meaning of being thrifty. I was always easily influenced by others. I wanted so much to be like my friends, being able to buy branded clothes and so on. You never encouraged me to do so, only when it was really cheap. as in, really really cheap -___-

There was this time, i bought a reebok long sleeved shirt for rm50 ?(after discount alr!) u nagged me for the whole day, although i still though it was worth it. Then the following day, we went shopping together and u found me this long sleeved collar shirt for only rm19 after discount. (better quality some more!) i was left speechless.. haha

From
you, i've truly learned the value of money and how hard every cent is earned and for us to truly treasure it. Theres still much much more i've learned from you mum. but i'd have to cut it short. theres still dad remember!? hehe

Dad has always been there for me. To learning how to tie a tie, fashion, etcetc.

(thats not me, its my sis and my dad la. cant find a picture of just me and him haha)

People often say, the image of our fathers alternate differently in different stages of our life. Its so true you know!! When i was young, i tried to imitate every thing my father did. Into me teen years, everything my dad said was 'old fashioned' and i turned a deaf ear towards it. Just a couple of years later, i started listening to what my dad had to say and even followed it! His taste of collar shirts, formal shirts, and leather shoes had all influenced me! haha. (one thing of you that's never gonna influence me, smoking! hehe)

O
h, 1 more person, no way i'd forget her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
Sorry girls, its not you haha. its my grandma.

How she made breakfast for me, sew my clothes, took care of me. And not to forget, always the biggest 'angpau' given to me during chinese new years, birthdays, and even good results ; )
Shes the person i'd miss most when i leave for US. Haih, gotta grow up and fix my own meals and iron my own clothes now T_T

I
've still got many people i would like to thank. high school mates, college friends, friends from outer space etc. But am really too exhausted to do so. Maybe i'll post a shout out for you guys when i really do miss you all during the harsh winter in Iowa hehe =p

N
ow, as i embark on my journey, i wish everyone of you in Malaysia, or elsewhere in this world, good luck and all the very best in whatever that lies ahead of us.

No comments: