Sunday 3 June 2007

My hometown, Ipoh

This weekend me and my family made a trip back to my hometown, ipoh to visit my grandpa which has been seriously ill since d last 2 weeks. It was really jam probably because of d school holidays and it took us 3hours n 30mins than d usual 1hour 40mins to reach ipoh.
As soon as i stepped in my grandpa's house, there i saw him lying on a special bed in d living area.
He was so thin, there was no flesh in him. Only skin wrapping bones. His hands were all bruises.(this was due to some medication he took that caused side effects in which his skin turning soft and whenever he accidently knocked smth, it would start bleeding.) According to my grandman, his condition now was much better than 2 weeks ago. I really couldn't imagine what was to be of during d last 2 weeks. There i took his hand in mine, and asked if he could still recognize me. His eyes looking into mine.. '' Eu..Eu...Eu...ROY!! '' his pronunciation wasn't as accurate as before, but it had to be me =D A sign of relief passed through me, and i could at least force a smile at him. But i was sad though, that he no longer could walk. His systems had failed him, and he no longer had the strength to walk . But the very least, i hope, he still has the strength and will to live.
Apart from going back to ipoh for my grandfather, well of course.. theres always another reason.
Ipoh Food!!!!!!!
I have to say, ipoh food is much much much, far far far better than KL food. Why?
1. Its cheaper
2. Its tastier
3. Its cleaner
4. The ppl serving it is much friendlier =)
Here are some of the food i ate over d past day i was in ipoh hehe.

The Rojak and sotong kangkung. (Esp d sotong kangkung..its really one of a kind!! =)


Ipoh Famous Dry Curry mee!!


Last but not least, Kaya pulut rice? lol.. Its a hainanese cuisine. (Im hainanese btw hehe)

To sum it all up, ipoh food is simply better than Kl food. I could get watermelon juice, FRESH, NO added WATER for Rm1.50..
In KL, 3.80, ''FRESH'',added WATER, and SUGAR ALSO!!! watermelon juice =P

No comments: